Agriculture employs more than 1.3 billion people worldwide—close to 40 percent of the global workforce. It is big business, to say the least. Sometimes this industry can be downright unpredictable. Drought. Flood. Wildfires. Livestock illness. Crop devastation.
What is predictable, however, is that Crawford Global Technical Services® provides much-needed help when crops are lost, animals diseased, products recalled, or Mother Nature wreaks havoc.
The GTS™ Agriculture and Food group evaluates and assesses agribusiness damages under extreme conditions—no matter the loss size or scope. Crawford GTS® employs a global team of experts who dedicate their careers to agribusiness, and these experts have helped numerous clients meet various liability issues and risk management needs.
The ability to handle large food industry claims requires an understanding of the nuances and the impact of food and drug regulation, manufacturing, consumer risk and liability, distribution, and transportation. Our team has deep and broad experience managing and integrating the diverse needs of negotiation, consolidation and mediation of claims for parties on both sides of the table.
Our expertise covers:
- Agricultural pollution
- Business interruption
- Contamination, E. coli and product recall, and spoilage
- Dairy operations
- Formula and patent infringement and liability
- Liability waivers in hunting, farm, and equine
- Loose livestock legalities and liabilities
- Loss control and farm safety
- New crop trends and risk revenue products
- Truckers insurance
The Agriculture and Food industry group serves:
- Cattle ranches
- Citrus growers
- Cotton growers
- Estate farms
- Family farms and ranches
- Grain and field crop growers
- Horse farms, including equine mortality
- Large commercial growers and packers of agricultural products
- Wholesale nurseries
- Wineries and vineyards
Crawford GTS Experts Available Worldwide
The multinational and global risk and insurance community requires a team of experts with the experience and industry focus to evaluate and assess damages under extreme conditions. Crawford GTS has the commitment, skills, resources, technology and the experience required to meet the specific needs of each client.
Crawford GTS key service features include:
- Worldwide service—a global network of experts, including surveyors, environmental scientists, engineers, consultants, and specialist case handlers
- Compliance—strict adherence to relevant governing legislation (ELD, CERCLA/Superfund, etc.)
- Cost-effectiveness—reduced indemnity spend, financial assurance for insurers
- Confidence—transparent claims procedures and reporting standards
- Reliability—experienced, qualified professionals, infrastructure and leadership to strategically project manage losses anywhere on the globe
For more information about GTS’s Agriculture and Food expertise, please contact Geoff B. Piggot, CEO of Crawford Global Technical Services, at + 44 (207) 265 4096.