Telecommunications has come a long way since the days of homing pigeons, to say the least. As one of the world’s most dynamic industries, this ever-evolving industry is subject to unique issues of scale, rate of innovation, and financial and societal impact.
Since the telecommunications industry is one of the largest employment providers in the world, global claims are on the rise and loss management is in high demand. Forces driving major changes in the telecommunications sector include:
- Mergers and consolidation
- Increased competition and cross-border ownership of telecom businesses
- Deregulation and privatization
Rapid advances in Internet and wireless technologies continue unabated, quickly changing consumer preferences and disrupting traditional communication methods. These factors make handling large, complex claims and managing the losses on large risk issues particularly daunting.
Crawford Global Technical Services® (GTS™) understands and works within the framework of such a dynamic industry. Our experienced, senior telecommunications adjusters have specialized expertise and credentials in:
- Broadband—cable, wireless, satellite and broadband over power line (BPL)
- Equipment manufacturing
- Mobile services
- Satellite-based carriers
- Submarine cable operations
- Voice—including voice over internet protocol (VoIP)
Whether clients face large claims in their retail networks, investor communities, consumer class-action, intellectual property, patent infringement, or government and regulatory-based infrastructure, GTS possesses the expertise and the scope to assemble a global, cross-functional team. Our group immediately prioritizes and addresses every aspect of the claim to strategically manage the loss.
GTS marshals all appropriate resources for our telecommunications clients. Strategic loss management involves leading and supervising all the disparate parties who find themselves at the table in a typical large, complex loss. Our technical adjusters have the knowledge and industry stature to lead all parties to fair and equitable resolution.
GTS understands that one of the primary drivers of intelligent resolution is having a full grasp of how all the claims issues contribute to interruptions in clients’ business. Business interruption is an integral part of our approach, because, whatever the origination of the claim, it has the potential to escalate the losses if not rigorously managed.
Experience the Benefits of Partnering with Crawford GTS
The multinational and global risk and insurance community needs a team of experts with the experience and industry focus to evaluate and assess damages under extreme conditions. Crawford GTS has the commitment, skills, resources, technology and the experience required to meet the specific needs of each client.
Crawford GTS Key Service Features Include:
- Worldwide service—a global network of experts, including surveyors, environmental scientists, engineers, consultants, and specialist case handlers
- Compliance—strict adherence to relevant governing legislation (ELD, CERCLA/Superfund, etc.)
- Cost-effectiveness—reduced indemnity spend, financial assurance for insurers
- Confidence—transparent claims procedures and reporting standards
- Reliability—experienced, qualified professionals, infrastructure and leadership to strategically project manage losses anywhere on the globe