There’s no doubt that the Mining sector is crucial to the global economy. Many industries worldwide depend on the supply of underground commodities, such as minerals and metals, and coal remains one of the leading energy resources used around the globe.
The global demand for natural resource development continues to flourish and with that growth comes a steady stream of challenges that includes expanding markets, increasingly complex regulatory requirements—and of course, mining claims.
If you’re part of the Mining industry, you have enough on your plate without having to deal with claims that occur in your business. Leave those to the experts.
The Crawford Global Technical Services® (GTS™) Mining team is comprised of highly experienced loss adjusters, accountants, and geotechnical and mining engineers. Together, these individuals have the technical know-how and expertise to investigate cause, and control and measure mining and processing losses. The GTS Mining team can assist clients by developing loss-management plans for an early resumption of mining operations, and recommend measures to control costs and avoid financial waste.
Crawford GTS® has handled the aftermath of hundreds of mining losses around the globe. Whether a massive landslide in an open pit mine or a barricade failure causing fatalities in an underground mine, Crawford has been on the scene to manage every aspect of loss, from extraction and processing to final production.
GTS Mining expertise includes:
Block cave mines
• Sudden collapse
Open pit mines
• Major flooding
• Major landslide and property damage involving fatalities
Smelter property damage and consequential losses
Underground coal mines
• Barricade failure and mud rush
• Longwall convergence claims
• Rock fall/collapse
Where possible, Crawford GTS can provide an immediate on-site response, local liaison, and facilities through our global network of locations. By virtue of size and reach, this group can provide multi-disciplinary teams with both the experience and expertise to manage any type of mining and mineral processing claims. The GTS group immediately implements measures to control reinstatement costs and mitigate consequential losses; and can even provide litigation support in the valuation of uninsured damage and business losses.
GTS Mining’s major geographic focus is on the principal mining territories of South and Central Africa, Australia, Asia Pacific, South America, and North America. With the continuing globalisation of the industry and rapidly accelerating growth in China and Eastern Europe, GTS can offer our services anywhere in the world.
Crawford GTS Key Service Features Include:
- Worldwide service—a global network of experts, including surveyors, environmental scientists, engineers, consultants, and specialist case handlers
- Compliance—strict adherence to relevant governing legislation (ELD, CERCLA/Superfund, etc.)
- Cost-effectiveness—reduced indemnity spend, financial assurance for insurers
- Confidence—transparent claims procedures and reporting standards
- Reliability—experienced, qualified professionals, infrastructure and leadership to strategically project manage losses anywhere on the globe