Agribusiness and food industry is big business. In fact, together they make up the global economy’s largest sector, representing an estimated 50 percent of the worldwide:
- labor force
- assets and
- consumer expenditures.
The agribusiness and food industry has undergone massive transformation in the past two decades. From the global consolidation and diversification of suppliers, to the exponential growth of new product development, to the introduction of new liability and regulatory threats, this business has become larger and more complex.
The Agriculture and Food industry group of Crawford Global Technical Services℠ evaluates and assesses agribusiness damages under extreme conditions—no matter the loss size or scope. Crawford GTS employs a global team of experts who dedicate their careers to agribusiness; and these experts have helped numerous clients meet various liability issues and risk management needs.
The ability to handle large food industry claims requires an understanding of the nuances and the impact of food and drug regulation, manufacturing, consumer risk and liability, distribution, and transportation. Our team has deep and broad experience managing and integrating the diverse needs of negotiation, consolidation, and mediation of claims for parties on both sides of the table.
Crawford GTS has handled an estimated 2,000 large-loss (greater than $500,000) agribusiness and food industry claim assignments in the past 10 years. Several of these losses have involved multi-national and global corporations; as well as brands requiring inherent disciplines and diversity in the adjudication of loss.
Our expertise covers:
- Agricultural pollution
- Business interruption
- Contamination, E-coli and product recall, and spoilage
- Dairy operations
- Formula and patent infringement and liability
- Liability waivers in hunting, farm, and equine
- Loose livestock legalities and liabilities
- Loss control and farm safety
- New crop trends and risk revenue products
- Truckers insurance
The Agriculture and Food industry group serves:
- Cattle ranches
- Citrus growers
- Cotton growers
- Estate farms
- Family farms and ranches
- Grain and field crop growers
- Horse farms, including equine mortality
- Large commercial growers and packers of agricultural products
- Wholesale nurseries
- Wineries and vineyards
Crawford GTS Experts Available Worldwide
The multinational and global risk and insurance community requires a team of experts with the experience and industry focus to evaluate and assess damages under extreme conditions. Crawford GTS has the commitment, skills, resources, technology and the experience required to meet the specific needs of each client.
Crawford GTS Key Service Features Include:
- World-wide service. A global network of experts, including surveyors, environmental scientists, engineers, consultants, and specialist case handlers
- Cost-effectiveness. Reduced indemnity spend and financial assurance for insurers
- Confidence. Transparent claims procedures and reporting standards
- Reliability. Experienced, qualified professionals with the infrastructure and leadership to strategically project manage losses anywhere on the globe
For more information about GTS’s Agriculture and Food expertise, please contact Richard Lafayette, Crawford GTS senior vice president and chief technical officer, at 404-300-0260.